Want to put your ASL (American Sign Language) skills to good use? Were serving an amazing woman who needs help with everyday tasks. She is partially blind and deaf. Be her eyes and ears! She loves communicating and enjoying life. Contact us today to learn more about partnering with Options.
Learn more about the job by watching this video:
This job may be right for you. Do you meet one of the requirements below?
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- One-year experience in human service field
- The ability to complete the Options training program
- ASL Skills: You don’t necessarily have to be fluent but basic ASL is required
Our Personal Support Staff provide direct care for our Supported Living clients. PS staff report to the Community Support Facilitator. Staff working at Options have the honor of helping consumers identify and realize dreams. PS staff provide direct service and support to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who live in their own homes. Personal Support Staff also serve as personal attendants when needed assisting with activities of daily living.
Here are the characteristics and qualities that we look for when hiring:
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Personal Development
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Financial Awareness
- Organizational Support
- Safety and Security
The incumbent/employee must:
- Successfully complete a health screening physical examination that may include a drug screen, successfully pass a criminal background check, successfully complete CPR Certification and First Aid Certification, and successfully complete IHSS orientation.
Does this sound like the right job for you?
Find the full job description here
Is SLS new to you? Supported Living is a service offered to adults with disabilities in California. It is an alternative service for people who don’t want to live in a group home or facility. It promotes more independence and choices. You can learn more about SLS here or here.